Social Butterfly

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Sonic Boy

Kelan, our 5 year old son, LOVES Sonic the Hedgehog. If you are familiar with the "Old School" sega game then you know he is a thing of the past. I searched the internet and could not locate a costume so, I decided to just make one myself. I purchased a BLUE cotton long sleeve shirt, pants and white gloves from our local supercenter. I purchased an additional white long sleeve top and cut the sleeves off of it and had a friend sew the white sleeves onto the BLUE shirt. I also used the white shirt for the oval on the cneter of Sonic's chest. I found the plastic mask on ebay for like $5. His shoes are my favorite! Kelan has a action figure of Sonic so I tried to re-create them as much as possible. I found a pair of red house shoes (at our local supercenter) and purchased colored electrical tape and made the strap in white and the buckle with yellow. It took me a few tries but they turned out GREAT! I bought BLUE hair color and tried to get him to let me spike his hair and spray it BLUE but he was not having it~ So he started pre-K this year and of course he wanted a Sonic back pack and lunch box. I searched the web and found a store that had a solid brown bag with the spikes just like on Sonic's back. They had Sonic the Hedgehog patches that I ordered and had my friend sew in the middle of the backpack and lunchbox. So even if you cannot find exactly what you are looking for alter something and make it how you want it. Kelan has such an imagination! He will come up to me and say "Mommy look what I made." I hope he will always think outside of the box and use his creative "juices" that God has given him~


No comments:

Post a Comment